What is Body Sugaring?
Body sugaring is an ancient Egyptian method of hair removal. Body sugar is a 100% natural paste made of sugar, lemon and water. It is a safe and hygienic method of hair removal for all skin types and hair thickness. It is also a less painful option of hair removal.
What to expect?
The sugaring process has the technician apply the sugar paste in the opposite direction of the hair growth by molding it gently onto the skin, allowing the paste to seep into the hair follicle. It is then removed by flicking it off in the same direction of the hair growth, allowing for the root to be extracted. There is no need for strips and sticks, just a small amount of sugar paste will complete an entire treatment.
Video from Body Sugaring Australia
Body Sugaring Prices
Female Body Sugaring
|Eyebrows & Lip||$35.00|
|Lip & Chin||$22.00|
|Eyebrows, Lip & Chin||$42.00|
|Sides of Face||$20.00|
|*Lash and brow tinting available, see our Tinting menu FEMALE BODY Underarm||$22.00|
|FEMALE INTIMATE Bikini||$30.00|
For comfort and efficiency, please pre-trim the areas to be sugared to a length of approximately 3-6mm.
*Please note that We DO NOT offer men’s intimate waxing
Male Body Sugaring
|Nose or Ears||$20.00|
|MALE BODY Chest||$35.00|
|Chest and Stomach||$60.00|
|Chest, Stomach & Back||$50.00|
|Half Leg (lower)||$75.00|
PRE TREATMENT ADVICE:
- Preparing for Your Body Sugaring Hair Removal Appointment
- Body Sugaring Pre-Treatment Advice
- For best results, do not exfoliate the day before, the day of, or the day after treatment. Otherwise, exfoliate and moisturize your skin regularly!
- It is best not to tan or exercise prior to treatment.
- Don’t apply creams or lotions prior to treatment. The exception to this would be the body sugaring Australia After Care Lotion.
- We suggest you DO NOT schedule your appointment:
- while on antibiotics
- if you think you may have a virus
- during your menstrual cycle, as you may be more sensitive
- Do not use razors or depilatory creams between treatments, as this will interfere with your goal to refine and diminish your hair growth, and to have smooth, healthy skin.
- Regularly exfoliate using spa massage gloves.
- Regularly cleanse and hydrate with products recommended by your Therapist. This will ensure your skin is in the best possible condition before and after treatment.
- Remember extraction of the hair at 1/8″ or less on a regular basis leads to permanency.
- If you’re new to Body Sugaring or you haven’t been sugared in a while, stop shaving or using any other method of hair removal 7 to 10 days before your service. There is no need to let your hair grow out for several weeks before sugaring.
POST TREATMENT ADVICE:
- We recommend waiting 24 hours before exposing your skin to the sun, tanning beds or infrared lamps.
- Wait 48-72 hours before spray tanning because chemicals in some products may irritate open follicles.
- Do not exercise immediately following treatment.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting garments immediately following treatment.
- We recommend bringing clean, white, cotton undergarments to wear after bikini services and a clean, white, cotton shirt to wear after having your chest or back sugared.
- Medical experts recommend abstaining from sexual activity for the first 48 hours after any type of bikini sugaring. Your body is most susceptible during this time to outside bacteria which can cause infection.
- Slight pinking of the skin is normal and should disappear within a few hours. To help reduce redness and any discomfort, apply ice to the sugared area for a few minutes.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing the skin after treatment. Itching may be experienced due to increased blood flow to the area sugared. Soaking in Dead Sea Salts or using salt compresses can help alleviate this. Limit soaking or compress to 15 minutes then rinse skin. For compresses dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of Dead Sea Salt in 1/4 cup of water. Additionally, hydrocortisone cream may be used to reduce inflammation as long as no medical reasons prohibit its use.
- Avoid perfume soaps or products with chemical irritants, and makeup 12 hours following a facial treatment.
- Do not apply any of your own face creams or lotions for 24 hours.
- Following your bikini, underarm, chest or back treatment, your Therapist will apply a Hungarian Mud Mask. This will reduce inflammation and calm the skin. An After Sugar Lotion will then be applied to hydrate your skin.
- Ask your Certified Sugaring Practitioner about pre and post care treatment products developed specifically for your Body Sugaring treatment.
FAQ about Body Sugaring :
How long does the hair need to be before I can get sugared?
Your hair needs to be at least 1/8 of an inch, but we recommend no longer than 1/4 of an inch. When sugaring, the hair is removed in its natural direction of growth, so it’s possible to extract hairs as short as 1/16 of an inch. There’s no reason, as is common with waxing, to let your hair grow long before getting sugared. Longer hair will only cause undue discomfort during your service. If you shave on a regular basis, and want to start sugaring, then stop shaving 7 to 10 days prior to your first sugaring appointment.
Can the Skin Therapist trim my hair if it’s too long?
If there is a need to trim excessively long hair during your sugaring appointment, your therapist will perform this task after discussing with you the additional cost involved.
How long will my hair stay gone?
The normal growth cycle of hair for most people is about three weeks, so you may start to see hair returning at this time. The majority of our clients schedule treatments every 4 to 6 weeks. If your desire is for faster refinement, then treatments should be scheduled closer together.
Does Body Sugaring hurt like waxing?
When asked, our clients who converted from waxing say that sugaring is much less painful. Sugaring is still extraction of hair from the follicle root, so it is not without some sensation.
Can sugaring get rid of the peach fuzz on my face?
Yes! We can safely remove vellus hair from the face. Since the face is a very delicate area from which to extract hair, we always perform a patch test first. Facial hair is dense and sits close to nerve endings, so removing it will set off alarms in the nervous system causing a histamine reaction. If you’ve had bad experiences that make you hesitant about facial hair removal, call us to schedule a consultation.
I’ve never heard of Body Sugaring. Is it a new hair removal method?
Sugaring is the ancient art of hair removal that has been practiced by Middle Eastern women for centuries. The art of body sugaring dates back to the Ancient Egyptians who considered a hairless body to be the standard of beauty. It was customary for women to have all of their body hair removed before their wedding night. Known as Halawa (sweet) in Arabic, sugaring is still practiced today in the Middle East.