Lavish Medi Spa is for those who like to tan in the most luxurious way, and without the damage of the sun. Our tanning service is a custom system using the world’s most beautiful self-tan formulations,Sunescape, Mine Tan, Naked Tan in comfort and style with our expert tanning technicians and custom built tanning booth. Check the bottom of this page for spray tan before and aftercare advice, and health and safety information.
Half Body (Legs, Décolletage & Arms)
Natural Spray Tan Solution & Products
With added vitamins, antioxidants and hydrating oils, our proprietary formula gives you more than just a natural looking and feeling tan. It also enriches the skin with anti-ageing, hydrating and skin firming ingredients, leaving your skin smooth and replenished. Our formula is also made with natural ingredients and Eco Cert approved DHA, and is FREE from alcohol, parabens, petrochemicals, and animal cruelty.
Inspired by the tropics, ingredients include:
- Macadamia Nut oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
- Aloe Vera
- Kakadu Plum
- Kiwi Seed Oil
- Green Tea
- Grape Seed Extract
- Vitamin E
- Argan Oil
Sunescape Tanning Solutions Technology
- 2 hour rapid tan
- Natural bronze colour
- Moisturising, nourishing and great for your skin
- Long lasting
- Fades naturally without any patchiness
A Minetan Salon Experience
MineTan is designed for the Picture Perfect Finish… The party. The beach holiday. The ‘feel good’ sensation. The selfie. This is why we loveand want a tan….
A MineTan Picture Perfect spray tan is an experience that is all about refined techniques paired with high-performance spray tan products.
Trained in specific, effective techniques, your MineTan therapist will conduct a consultation with you on your very first visit to address your skin and your ideal skin finishing needs.
Whether you are in a hurry or looking for a certain skin finish, your MineTan technician will find the perfect spray tan for your needs from our extensive range of Picture Perfect spray tans.
MineTan takes pride in delivering products of the highest results, purity and enriched with natural and organic ingredients. Enjoy the most advanced spray tan treatment with products selected or blended by your expert MineTan therapist. Love the colour, Love the compliments, Love the Picture Perfect Finish. It’s all Mine.
The colour base range
MineTan’s 1 Hour Tans deliver the fastest, darkest, longest lasting results available. The 1(HT) formula contains Fast Tanning Actives with Quad Bronzing Technology to speed up the tanning process. DHA Tanning Actives are combined with powerful anti-oxidants, including rich luxe oils, botanical fruit extracts and silky amino acids to help the tan develop faster, absorb deeper into the skin and create a deep dark natural colour that lasts longer.
INTENSE HYDRATION SKIN THERAPY TREATMENT
MineTan’s 1 Hour Tans deliver the fastest, darkest, longest lasting results available. The 1(HT) formula contains Fast Tanning Actives with Quad Bronzing Technology to speed up the tanning process. DHA Tanning Actives are combined with powerful anti-oxidants, including rich luxe oils, botanical fruit extracts and silky amino acids to help the tan develop faster, absorb deeper into the skin and create a deep dark natural colour that lasts longer
THE PERFECT BRIDE
A natural, long lasting glow for that special day. Walk down the aisle with the specifically formulated, intensely moisturising, pH balancing, medium level bronzing spray tan. With no parabens and odour free, MineTan’s Perfect Bride delivers an all natural devine and glamorous tan. Nothing short of what your most special wedding day deserves. Perfect for the Bride to be and her wedding party.
MINETAN MIXERS CREATE CUSTOM TONES
MineTan Technicians can mix up MineTan Professional Solutions to make a cocktail blend to create custom tones for an individual colour, tailored to your skin finishing result you desire.
PRE-CARE AND POST-CARE FOR SPRAY TANS
- Book your tan to be applied 1-2 days before your event for the best results. Express tans can be booked for same day events, however only select these if time is a factor as they tend not to last as long.
- If you have never used self tan products before (these can be professional or home tans) or Sunescape self tanner, we recommend a test patch 48 hours prior. you should apply a small amount of the self tan product with a cotton bud to the inner crease of the elbow or behind the ear and leave to dry. If any contra-actions occur such as redness, swelling, inflammation or itching, avoid using the product as this is a positive reaction for sensitivity. If no reaction occurs then it is fine to proceed with the full body application.
- If you wax, please do so at least 48-72 hrs prior to your tan application.
- If you shave, please do so the night before your tan application, and apply a good quality hydrating moisturiser afterwards (remembering to wash this off before your tan appointment – see point 5).
- Use a loofah or mitt to thoroughly exfoliate the skin prior to your tan appointment (complete this in the shower you have on the day of your appointment).
- Avoid applying moisturiser, lotions or body scrubs that leave an oily residue on the day of your appointment. These will act as an inhibitor to the tan and may negatively affect the final result.
- Bring dark coloured, light weight and loose clothing to wear after your tan to avoid marking light clothing, or rubbing the tan off, and to feel most comfortable. A strapless bra or bathing suit is recommended to protect rubbing in the shoulder area, especially if you are wearing a strapless dress to an upcoming event.
- The spray tan formula contains a makeup style bronzer as an application guide. This will wash off in your first and second shower. Don’t be concerned if the tan looks uneven after application, any excess bronzer will wash off when you shower, leaving an even tan.
- Leave the tan on for 4-8 hours to develop before showering, or overnight for the deepest, longest lasting colour (*Express tan washes off in 1-3 hours).
- Remember to sleep on dark sheets to avoid marking bedding.
- Have light, cooler showers if you wish to maximise tan longevity.
- Moisturise daily to preserve the tan for the longest time. For an extra colour boost, try Sunescapes Tan extender a moisturiser with a hint of tan.
- Wear SPF sunblock every day – self tan does not offer any sun protection.
- To help the tan fade evenly, exfoliate every 3 days with a tan-specific exfoliant. We recommend St Tropez Body Polish, available at Lavish Medi Spa which will lightly buff the tan to refresh it.
- Use a tan remover mitt when you are ready to remove the tan, generally after 7-10 days.
HEALTH AND SAFETY FOR SPRAY TANS
None of the active ingredients in our tan have any known toxicity. The main ingredient, dihydroxyacetone (or DHA for short) is a colourless sugar that interacts with the amino acids in the surface layer of the skin to produce a temporary colour change. This ingredient is combined with Erythrulose, a naturally moisturising ingredient derived from raspberries, that works in the same way as DHA but it develops more slowly, giving you a smoother colour that lasts longer and fades evenly. our tan only works upon the uppermost layers of the skin and cannot get into the bloodstream from normal application. It is therefore deemed suitable to use during pregnancy, however be aware that hormonal changes during pregnancy (especially during the first 3 months) may affect the development of the tan. Do not apply to the breast area if breastfeeding.